The District of Columbia Judicial Nomination Commission (JNC) screens, selects and recommends to the President of the United States candidates for appointment to the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, and it appoints the chief judges for both courts. On Tuesday, January 29, join the members of the JNC and judges from the District of Columbia courts for a unique opportunity to learn about the JNC and our local judicial selection process, obtain advice on applying to become a judge in the District of Columbia, and hear firsthand about various facets of serving on the bench.
- Honorable Emmet G. Sullivan, Judge, United States District Court for the District of Columbia; Chair, JNC
- Honorable Phyllis D. Thompson, Associate Judge, District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Honorable Darlene M. Soltys, Associate Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Honorable Rainey Brandt, Magistrate Judge, Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Ronald Flagg, Vice President for Legal Affairs, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, Legal Services Corporation; Member, JNC
This program is brought to you by Greater Washington Area Chapter, Women Lawyers Division, National Bar Association and co-sponsored by Washington Council of Lawyers.