Sponsored by the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center
Landlord Tenant Resource Center Volunteer Lawyers
Monday – Friday, October 22-26; 9:00 am – 2:30 pm (must register in advance below)
The Landlord Tenant Resource Center provides free legal information to both unrepresented landlords and tenants who have residential housing disputes in the District of Columbia.
Volunteer attorneys at the center:
- Help self-represented persons understand court proceedings
- Assist self-represented persons prepare pleadings
- Coach self-represented persons how to best present cases in court
- Provide information on how to obtain continuances and retain counsel
- Make referrals to legal services providers in appropriate cases
- Inform low-income litigants of financial and other social service resources that might be available and refer them to the appropriate resources
LTRC VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
In order to volunteer at the LTRC during Pro Bono Week you must register in advance by emailing Ruth Verdin at email@example.com and letting her know which day you are available to volunteer Monday through Friday, Oct. 22-26. You must also watch a live or on-demand training in advance by emailing Ruth Verdin at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.