Practice makes progress. That’s why most trainings in our Litigation Skills Series are interactive, featuring both demonstrations and a chance to get on your feet to practice your skills. Our faculty are experienced, talented, and devoted to pro bono and public-interest law. Past faculty has included judges from DC Superior Court and DC Court of Appeals, and lawyers from the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, Legal Aid Society for the District of Columbia, Children’s Law Center, and the Network for Victim Recovery of DC.
Our trainings are comprehensive, public-interest focused, and affordable – they cost far less than comparable trainings offered in Washington, DC.
The trainings for our 2022-2023 year include:
- Trial Plan 101, October 6, 2022
- Depositions, November 10, 2022
- Ethics Issues, January 31, 2023, from 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET (virtual training)
- Exhibits, February 23, 2023, from 12:00-1:30 pm ET (virtual training)
- Hearsay, March 15, 2023, from 12:00-1:30 pm ET (virtual training)
- Impeachment, April 13, 2023, from 12:00-2:00 pm (virtual training) – Register
- Trial Advocacy, May 1-5, 2023 (virtual training) – Register
Scholarships are available thanks to the generosity of the D.C. Bar Foundation. Please reach out to Christina Jackson at email@example.com for more information.