Our mentoring program helps new lawyer members who are eager to learn about the Washington, DC public-interest community.
Mentees are matched with experienced lawyers from public-interest organizations, government agencies, and law firms. Mentors and mentees meet at least three times as a pair throughout the year.
We also host panel discussions, speed mentoring, and lunch programs designed to help you meet other public-interest minded lawyers, develop professionally, and set and achieve your career goals. We also put together a few social events and volunteer opportunities to bring this year’s mentees together with mentors and mentees who were involved in the program in previous years.
Applications are now closed for the 2020-2021 Program. We will begin accepting applications for the 2021-2022 Program in August 2021.
Our schedule of events for 2020-2021 is:
- September 29, 2020 at 12:00 pm ET – Fall Kickoff
- October 14, 2020 at 12:00 pm ET – War Stories from the Young Lawyer Trenches
- November 10, 2020 at 12:00 pm ET – Speed Mentoring
- December 2020 – Volunteer Opportunity
- January 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm ET – Tips from the Top: Advice from the Wise
- March 17, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET – Happy Hour
- April 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET – Social Justice Movie & Discussion (CANCELED)
- May 26, 2021 at 5:00 pm ET – Year-End Finale
All events are currently virtual events. Because, in these times, flexibility is key, the schedule is subject to modification as the world around us changes. We will meet in person when we are safely able to do so.
Questions? Contact Mentoring Program co-chairs Raziya Brumfield and Stephon Woods at email@example.com.