Our mentoring program helps new lawyers who are eager to learn about the Washington, DC public-interest community. The program is run by former mentees—they appreciate the importance of good mentors and they use their experience to make sure that each year’s program is better than the last.
Mentees are matched with experienced lawyers from public interest organizations, government agencies, and law firms. Mentors and mentees meet as a pair throughout the year.
We also host panel discussions, speed mentoring, and lunch programs, covering topics such as the local public-interest community, setting short-term and long-term career goals, and dealing with personality clashes in the office. And we put together a few social events to keep former mentors and mentees involved in the program.
Our participants for the 2016-2017 program are set. Please consider applying for next year’s program. Applications will circulate at the end of the summer.
Below is the planned schedule of events for the 2016–17 Mentoring Program:
- Fall Kickoff (Sept. 12, 2016 – evening)
- War Stories from the Young Lawyer Trenches (Oct. 13, 2016 – lunch)
- Speed Mentoring: Gotta Meet ‘Em All! (Nov. 17, 2016 – evening)
- Holiday Crunch-Time Happy Hour (Dec. 5, 2016 – evening)
- February 1, 2017: Setting Short-Term and Long-Term Career Goals (Feb. 1, 2017 – lunch)
- Tips from the Top: Advice from the Wise (Mar. 28, 2017 – lunch)
- End-of-Year Finale (May 11, 2017 – evening)
Questions? Contact Mentoring Program co-chairs Emily Peeler and Hannah-Alise Rogers at email@example.com.