Our mentoring program helps new lawyer members who are eager to learn about the Washington, DC public-interest community.
Mentees are matched with experienced lawyers from public-interest organizations, government agencies, and law firms. Mentees should be in the first three years of their practice while mentors will have five or more years of practice experience. Mentors and mentees connect at least once a month throughout the year.
We also host networking opportunities, speed mentoring, and lunch programs designed to help you meet other public-interest-minded lawyers, develop professionally, and set and achieve your career goals. We also put together a few social events and volunteer opportunities to bring this year’s mentees together with mentors and mentees who were involved in the program in previous years.
Our schedule of events for 2022-2023 is:
- October 18, 2022, at 5:30 pm ET – Meet Your Mentor
- November 17, 2022, at 5:00 pm – Speed Mentoring
- December 2022 – Volunteer Opportunity
- January 2023 – Micro Networking
- February 28, 2023, at 12:00 pm – Brown Bag Luncheon
- March 30, 2023, at 6:00 pm – Happy Hour
- April 2022 – Micro Networking
- May 2022 – Year-End Finale
We are planning for in-person events. But, our utmost consideration is participant safety, so the schedule is subject to modification as the world around us changes.
Questions? Contact Mentoring Program co-chairs Diane Dauplaise and Ella Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.