Our mentoring program helps newer lawyers who are eager to engage with the Washington, DC pro bono & public-interest community and are seeking assistance with career growth.
Mentees are matched with experienced lawyers from non-profits, government agencies, and law firms. Mentees should be in the first three years of their practice while mentors will have five or more years of practice experience. Mentors and mentees connect at least once a month throughout the program year.
We host opportunities designed to help you meet other public-interest-minded lawyers, develop professionally, and set and achieve your career goals. We also bring this year’s mentees together with mentors and mentees who were involved in the program in previous years through our member events and volunteer opportunities.
Our Mentoring Program is FULL! Thank you so much for your interest in being a mentee!
We need 3 more mentors! Interested in being a mentor? Submit this interest form!
Our schedule of events for 2023-2024 is:
- Fall Kickoff & Meet Your Mentor: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 from 5:30-8:00 pm
- Speed Mentoring: Tuesday, November 7, 2023 from 6:00-8:00 pm
- December 2023 – Volunteer Opportunity
- March 2024 – Virtual Lunch & Learn
- April 2024 – Micro Networking
- May 2024 – Year-End Finale
Questions? Contact our Mentoring Program co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.