Our mentoring program helps new lawyer members who are eager to learn about the Washington, DC public-interest community.
Mentees are matched with experienced lawyers from public-interest organizations, government agencies, and law firms. Mentors and mentees meet at least three times as a pair throughout the year.
We also host panel discussions, speed mentoring, and lunch programs designed to help you meet other public-interest minded lawyers, develop professionally, and set and achieve your career goals. We also put together a few social events and volunteer opportunities to bring this year’s mentees together with mentors and mentees who were involved in the program in previous years.
Our expected schedule of events for 2019-2020 is:
- Monday, October 28 at 6:30 pm – Mentoring Matches plus Happy Hour
- Wednesday, November 20 at 12:00 pm – War Stories from the Young Lawyer Trenches
- Saturday, December 7 – Holiday Volunteering
- Wednesday, January 22 at 6:30 pm – Speed Mentoring
- Friday, January 31 at 5:30 pm – Happy Hour
- Wednesday, February 19 at 12:30 pm – Managing Student Debt
- POSTPONED – Tips from the Top: Advice from the Wise (Our March 18 program will be rescheduled.)
- Summer 2020 – Work Hard, Brunch Harder!
- TBD – Year-End Finale
The 2019-2020 Mentoring Program has now filled. Applications for next year’s program will open in August 2020. Join Washington Council of Lawyers today so you won’t miss out!
Questions? Contact Mentoring Program co-chairs Raziya Brumfield and Stephon Woods at email@example.com.