Our mentoring program helps new lawyer members who are eager to learn about the Washington, DC public-interest community.
Mentees are matched with experienced lawyers from public-interest organizations, government agencies, and law firms. Mentees should be in the first three years of their practice while mentors will have five or more years of practice experience. Mentors and mentees connect at least once a month throughout the year.
We also host networking opportunities, speed mentoring, and lunch programs designed to help you meet other public-interest-minded lawyers, develop professionally, and set and achieve your career goals. We also put together a few social events and volunteer opportunities to bring this year’s mentees together with mentors and mentees who were involved in the program in previous years.
Applications for the 2021-2022 Program are now closed.
Our schedule of events for 2021-2022 is:
- October 21, 2021 at 5:30 PM ET – Meet Your Mentor
- November 10, 2021 at 6:00 pm ET – Speed Mentoring
- December 2021 – Volunteer Opportunity
- January 2022 – Micro Networking
- February 2022 – Micro Networking
- March 21, 2022 at 12:00 pm ET – Brown Bag Luncheon
- April 2022 – Micro Networking
- May 2022 – Year-End Finale
All events are currently virtual events. Because, in these times, flexibility is key, the schedule is subject to modification as the world around us changes. We will meet in person when we are safely able to do so.
Questions? Contact Mentoring Program co-chairs Alessandro Teronzoni and Diane Dauplaise at firstname.lastname@example.org.