Our annual Summer Pro Bono and Public Interest Forum encourages summer associates and summer interns to make pro bono or public-interest work a part of their legal careers, and provides an introduction to several different types of public-interest practice.
The 2020 Summer Forum is a six-part virtual series that will take place from 12-1 pm on July 7, 9, 14, 16, 21 & 23. It will feature D.C. Court of Appeals Chief Judge Anna Blackburne-Rigsby as our esteemed keynote in conversation with Jim Sandman, President Emeritus of the Legal Services Corporation. Five panel discussions will introduce lawyers and law students to pro bono and public-interest career options and volunteer opportunities. The sessions are:
- Transactional & Non-Litigation Practice on Thursday, July 9
- Poverty Law on Tuesday, July 14
- Human Rights & Immigration on Thursday, July 16
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties on Tuesday, July 21
- Criminal Law & Death Penalty on Thursday, July 23
All sessions are from 12:00 – 1:00 pm.
You can follow all the Summer Forum news on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook using #SumFo20.
To learn more about our past Summer Forums, check out the links below.