Our annual Summer Pro Bono and Public Interest Forum encourages summer associates and summer interns to make pro bono or public-interest work a part of their legal careers, and provides an introduction to several different types of public-interest practice.
The 2020 Summer Forum was a six-part virtual series that featured D.C. Court of Appeals Chief Judge Anna Blackburne-Rigsby as our esteemed keynote in conversation with Jim Sandman, President Emeritus of the Legal Services Corporation, followed by five panel discussions that introduced lawyers and law students to pro bono and public-interest career options and volunteer opportunities. The sessions were:
- Transactional & Non-Litigation Practice on Thursday, July 9
- Poverty Law on Tuesday, July 14
- Human Rights & Immigration on Thursday, July 16
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties on Tuesday, July 21
- Criminal Law & Death Penalty on Thursday, July 23
You can see photos and live tweets from the Summer Forum using #SumFo20.
To learn more about our past Summer Forums, check out the links below.