For DC Pro Bono Week 2016, we whipped up five profiles of lawyers who’ve done fantastic pro bono work despite extremely busy schedules:
1. Whitman-Walker Health’s Amy Nelson profiles AUSA Angela Buckner, who volunteers at the Whitman-Walker Name and Gender Change Clinic.
2. Legal Aid’s Jodi Feldman profiles Blank Rome’s Joseph Patry, who has represented numerous clients in housing-conditions cases.
3. CAIR Coalition’s Michael Lukens profiles Williams & Connolly’s Will Ashworth and Shauna Kramer, who successfully represented a Bosnian refugee facing deportation.
4. D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center’s Vanessa Batters-Thompson profiles DOJ’s Katrina Rouse, who has volunteered at a variety of Pro Bono Center projects and clinics.
5. Children’s Law Center profiles Skadden’s Gerald Richman who has represented children and families living in unsafe housing.
Check out these profiles, and then sign up to handle a pro bono case of your own!