Founded in 1971, Washington Council of Lawyers is the only voluntary bar association in the Washington, DC area exclusively devoted to promoting pro bono and public interest law. We work to ensure that our legal system treats everyone fairly, regardless of money, position, or power. Our members represent the legal community’s diversity: They come from law firms, law schools, legal service providers, government, and other private and nonprofit organizations.
We promote pro bono and public-interest law by focusing on four pillars: training and professional development, mentoring the next generation of public interest lawyers, advocating for issues that expand access to justice, and building a vibrant public interest community.
Financial Manager (long-term, part-time position)
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Financial Manager is responsible for office and information management and basic bookkeeping and tax forms. The Financial Manager may also provide general administrative support for the Executive Director and the office.
- Basic bookkeeping and tax filing duties
- Document transaction details
- Draft financial reports
- Fact-check accounting data
- Record financial transactions
- Maintain office files and supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work independently
- Excellent time and task management skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail
- Excellent data entry skills
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment
- A strong commitment to our mission and to professionalism
Must be able to work an average of 10 hours per week. Hours are generally flexible, but you must have some availability during regular business hours. We have traditionally split our time between working remotely and being in the office for meetings, programs, and events. We will continue to do so while following current COVID protocols.
Only candidates who are seriously seeking long-term part-time employment will be considered. If you are looking for a full-time job, please do not apply.
The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $17.00 – $20.00 per hour depending upon qualifications and experience.
Please email a resume and cover letter (include the reason you are interested in long-term, part-time work, and any salary requirements) to email@example.com. Please write “[First Name Last Name] – Financial Manager” in the subject line of your email.
We encourage the submission of applications as soon as possible. Priority will be given to applications received prior to August 31, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
Washington Council of Lawyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, or any applicable characteristics protected by law.