Celebrating Representation: The First Black Woman on the US Supreme Court
Join the Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia for a discussion of the importance of diversity on the bench and the potential impact of the nomination of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the United States Supreme Court. WBA President Bridget Bailey Lipscomb will moderate the discussion.
The outstanding panel of speakers, including:
- The Honorable Bernice Donald, Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Honorable Vanessa Ruiz, D.C. Court of Appeals
- Sophia Nelson, CNN Political & Legal Commentator
- Tiffany Wright, Director, Civil Rights Clinic, Howard University School of Law
- Michele Goodwin, Chancellor’s Professor of Law, University of California, Irvine School of Law
This event is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
Washington Council of Lawyers is pleased to co-sponsor this important conversation about diversity and representation on the bench and the legal profession.