Best Practices in Pro Bono: Supporting Pro Bono More than Volunteering, the Impact of Individual and Institutional Giving
This Pro Bono best practices conversation will be all about the money and how our community can inculcate a culture of giving to support legal services. We will discuss the impact of law firm and other institutional giving, including donations and other forms of financial support. We will also probe how individual lawyers formulate their philosophy and approach to giving and the ways they seek to influence giving by organizations. We will discuss the duty to and impact of financially supporting legal services organizations using D.C. Rule of Professional Conduct 6.1 as a foundation.
Our panel includes:
- Ellen Jakovic, Of Counsel, Kirkland & Ellis and current D.C. Bar President
- Judith Sandalow, Executive Director, Children’s Law Center
- Angela Boone, Director of Development & Communications, D.C. Bar
- Rob Pergament, Director of Development, Legal Aid DC
- Michael Bigley, Director, Venable Foundation at Venable LLP
Best Practices in Pro Bono is open to pro bono coordinators at law firms, legal services organizations, government agencies, and in-house legal departments.
Bring your ideas and your lunch. Cookies and drinks will be provided thanks to the generosity of our host Fried Frank.