The following is a list of resources for lawyers serving clients and DC residents in need of support. We will continue to update as more resources become available.
ABA COVID-19 Resource Pages
- COVID-19 and Access to Justice resources is at this LINK.
- COVID-19 Task Force is at this LINK. This includes information on substantive issues, as well as resources for legal services organizations around remote work. The Task Force is chaired by Jim Sandman, former President of the Legal Services Corporation, and our own Honorary Board member!
Legal Response Resources
- D.C. Legal Service Providers Contact List is at this LINK.
- D.C. COVID-19 Legal Service Providers Operating Status is available at this LINK.
- Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia COVID-19 Resources page is at this LINK.
- D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center COVID-19 Operations is available at this LINK.
- LawHelp/DC COVID-19 Resource Page is at this LINK.
- National Legal Aid & Defender Association (NLADA) Covid-19 Updates & Resources at this LINK.
- Best Practices for Attorneys Handling Remote/Virtual Hearings is available at this LINK.
D.C. Bar Lawyer Assistance Program
- Coping on the Coronavirus Resources is available at this LINK.
National Center for State Courts COVID-19 Resource Page
- Coronavirus and the Courts available at this LINK.
- Pandemic Resources for Courts available at this LINK.
Virtual Pro Bono & Volunteer Opportunities
Local Pro Bono Opportunities
- D.C. Access to Justice Commission DC Represents available at this LINK.
- DC Virtual Pro Bono Fair available at this LINK.
- Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland opportunities at this LINK.
- ProBono.net/DC at this LINK.
National Pro Bono Opportunities
- The American Bar Association (ABA) pro bono volunteer opportunities is available at this LINK.
- The American Bar Association (ABA), together with Paladin, has created a Disaster Relief Pro Bono Portal with resources for people affected by COVID-19 and other recent disasters available at this LINK.
- Sign up for National Disaster Legal Aid Advocacy Center’s COVID-19 Legal Response listserv and explore resources related to COVID-19 at this LINK.
- Remote Immigration Pro Bono Opportunities through Immigration Justice Campaign is at this LINK.
- Remote refugee assistance through the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society at this LINK
- 10 Paths to Online Pro Bono provides tips for finding remote pro bono opportunities. Follow this LINK to view the article.
Law Student Pro Bono Opportunities
- Sign up to be a part of a network of over 300 law students, paralegals, and student paralegals who are offering to provide remote pro bono support to attorneys and legal aid organizations. Click this LINK to learn more and sign up.
Resources for DC Residents, Families, and Children
- LawHelp.org/DC Coronavirus Resource Page is at this LINK.
- Children’s Law Center’s COVID-19 Resources are available at this LINK.
- Employment & Unemployment resources from First Shift Justice Project are available at this LINK.
- Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia Non-Legal Resource Guide is available at this LINK.
- National Veterans Legal Services Economic Assistance Guide for Veterans is available at this LINK.
- DC Kincare Alliance COVID-19 Resource Center which includes information on protections for DC Residents is at this LINK.