DC Pro Bono Week 2017 is in the books, but we hope that our complete set of Pro Bono Week profiles will inspire you to spent more time on pro bono cases and helping those in need:
- Lara Burke (Bruch Hanna) has handled immigration cases for Kids in Need of Defense.
- Alexis DeBernardis (Crowell & Moring) handled a high-stakes child-custody case during the Christmas season.
- Ryan Guilds (Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer) has spent 18 years working on pro bono cases for Network for Victim Recovery of DC.
- Retired Major General Mike Nardotti (Squire Patton Boggs) has long served The Veterans Constorium’s National Volunteer Corps.
- Katie Towt & Ahuva Battams (Federal Government) handled a thorny child-custody case for the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center.
- David Young (Ropes & Gray) has taken on scores of public-benefits cases for Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia.
- A trio of lawyers from Fannie Mae represented a 13-year-old refugee who fled gang violence in El Salvador.
- Students from several local law schools are participating in the Alternative Spring Break Pro Bono Service Project.
Thanks for reading, and thanks to all these lawyers for their dedicated pro bono service.