That’s a wrap on DC Pro Bono Week 2022! We hope more than a week’s worth of events, clinics, trainings, and more reinvigorated your commitment to pro bono service. Take your cue from these dedicated advocates and show up for your neighbors in need.
- Cleary Gottlieb D.C. Pro Bono Attorney Gwen Washington profiled Jeremy Calsyn, who leads by example by taking pro bono cases and supporting the firm’s pro bono program as a whole.
- KIND DC Senior Attorney Jessalyn Schwartz profiled Christine Webber and Johanna Hickman, who showcase how attorneys from any field can help their community.
- Fried Frank Pro Bono Counsel Karen Grisez profiled the team of attorneys from Fried Frank, DLA Piper, and the IAWJ that created a viable path to safety for women judges and their families after the collapse of the Afghan government.
- Managing Attorney for Pro Bono Coordination at CAIR Coalition, Jennifer Grishkin profiled Tamber Hilton, who uses her language skills to increase justice for immigrants at the border from across the country.
- Arnold & Porter Director of Pro Bono Marsha Tucker and Lead Attorney & Managing Director of eDiscovery & Data Analytics group Melissa Weberman profiled Rwanda Campbell, who turned a deep appreciation for the immigrant communities that raised her into a lifelong commitment to pro bono.
- Pro Bono Program Senior Staff Attorney at the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia Sylvia Soltis profiled Mariah Hines, who brings her exceptional advocacy skills to help neighbors in our community in a variety of issue areas.
- Executive Director of DC Affordable Law Firm Gabby Mulnick Majewski profiled Mary Gately, who proves that pro bono can come in many forms from taking individual cases to connecting lawyers eager to do pro bono work and the communities that need them.
- J.D. Candidate Breanna de Vera profiled fellow Georgetown Law Center Students who helped DC residents in danger of losing their homes access the Stronger Together by Assisting You (STAY) initiative.
- NVRDC Engagement & Pro Bono Coordinator Jessica Laycock profiled Liam Montgomery, who brings his vast litigation expertise to his pro bono representation and support of survivors of crime.
Thank you to the lawyers, firms, and organizations who dedicated their time, talent, and resources to make a difference in the lives of their clients!